Beach mats - you want a beach towel but want an EXTRA LARGE version? A beach mat is what you are after!
Use it as a towel, a picnic mat, a shawl. This beach mat is what you make it! (If you want a waterproof picnic mat though, click here)
Oh and say goodbye to all the downsides of traditional towels…..too heavy, too bulky, taking forever to dry, clinging to ALL THE SAND that was ever created and absorbing very little actual water.
Know what I am talking about? But want the large beach mat version?
Well say hello to SOMERSIDE beach mats!
- Dries 4 x faster than a regular cotton beach towel – even in this humidity!
- Sand-free - don’t bring home those sand castle creations
- HIGH PERFORMANCE - absorbs more than double it's weight and wicks moisture off your skin
- Super lightweight (650g or 1.25lbs) & rolls up to the size of a water bottle
- Double sided print – always show your best side
- Super soft to use – even tie around your waist as a sarong
- Valuables can be stored in the hidden zip-pocket
- Odour resistant which means less washing (& saving water)
- Hang it anywhere with the handy hook
- Created from 85% recycled plastic bottles which is pretty much magic (15% is nylon which provides the absorbency and softness)
Plus – the WOW STUFF doesn’t end there. For each beach mat purchased, a tree will be planted that will sequester carbon from the atmosphere and contribute to a bright future. 🌱 #buyoneplantone 🌱
Use it for the pool or beach and for picnics but also gym, camping, hiking, adventures and how great will this be to travel with one day! Roll it down tiny and pack it away! DREAM with me!
Please note - if being waterproof is important to you, go for the Project Ten picnic mats - heavier and bulkier but BUTTS WILL BE DRY.
Fabrication - SomerSide towels are made from 85% recycled plastic bottles. The plastic bottles are made into Polyester and the remaining 15% is Nylon which provides the absorbency and softness. The pouch is made from the same material. Each towel saves up to 14 plastic bottles from landfill and our ocean.
Care - Wash your SomerSide towel before use to give it that softness, it will also continue to get softer over time and with every wash. Our towels can be put through machine wash at 30 degrees and we recommend washing separately. Our towels dry 3-4 faster than a regular cotton towel so simply hang it outside and it'll be ready for your next activity in no time. SomerSide towels are odour resistant so there is also no need to wash it as often and you can save the planet even more by doing so. This will also prolong the life of the towel.
- 160cm x 160cm OR 63 x 63 inches = perfect for two!
- 650 grams or 1.25lbs!!! Rolls up to the size of a larger water bottle!
Thanks a million Ebonie for making me want to carve out more ME-TIME, as now I have such a lovely towel/mat! I never knew I can smile straight for 2h when reading a book, relaxing and even sleeping by the pool ;) The pink SomerSide is absolutely gorgeous and all I want is MORE :) more me-time, more family-time, more outdoor-time.
Look no further, this is it! The best towel in town. Big and beautiful, lightweight, dries quickly and super soft. I love the secret pocket and the XL size. It is a multifunctional towel; so far I have been using it by the pool, at the beach and at the park for a picknick. I also love the colourful design. I am sure this will be a favourite for the years to come!
Absolutely stunner of a beach mat. Really comfy too and large enough to seat all 3 kids and the dog. Perfect!
It’s truly sand free, easy to manage, and absolutely gorgeous. Love those pockets at the side too. Convenient and great for the environment. What’s not to like?
This is brilliant, it does exactly what I need it for, great addition to our beach kit. Isn’t full of sand and soaking wet when we leave the beach and the zip in the corner is such a good idea. Thank you The Bright Campaign.